Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas Singalong

Disheartened by the latest Yuletide heavy hip-hop hit, "We Three Dudes of Orient Are," I ask: where are the grand old, traditional Christmas songs, those familiar melodies that speak to the heart? 

I'm thinking of "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth," a particular favorite of orthodontists.  And "I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus," very big with lawyers.  How about Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby," a song that brilliantly encapsulates the spirit of acquisitiveness? 

And then, my personal favorite, a seasonal song steeped in beauty:  Yogi Jorgensen's "I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas."  Perhaps Bob Dylan will cover it.

And now, must run.  The Mistletoe Twins, Holly and Ivy, are going to record my offering for the season:  "Let's Put the X Back in Xmas."


No comments:

Post a Comment