Sunday, September 5, 2010

Masochist-Novelists

"The International 3-Day Novel Contest organizers have begun referring to entrants in this year's literary marathon as 'Masochist-Novelists,' and here at Pointless Digressions we are pleased to have our own masochist-novelist, Bob Slaigh.  Come in, Bob Slaigh, at the PNE."

"That's right, folks, I'm broadcasting from the Pacific National Exhibition.  The 3-Day Novel rules allow you to write anywhere, so I am writing my novel on the roller-coaster."

"Bob, we understand that before you boarded the roller-coaster, you appeared as a special guest with the Dal Richards Band."

"That's true.  I sang 'If They Asked Me, I Could Write a Book'."

"Most appropriate.  How did it go over, Bob?"

"Pretty well, I think.  Dal said he could honestly say he had never heard anything like it."

"Bob, can you tell us what your 3-Day Novel is about?"

"I won't give away the whole plot, but I can say it involves exploding deep-fried butter balls."

"Must have required a lot of research."

"It did.  I consumed about a dozen butter balls, followed by some deep-fried Oreo cookies and a few deep-fried Mars bars.  Trying to eat healthy and include all the major food groups."

"Well, good luck, Bob.  We're all pulling for you back here."

"Thanks, I..oops!  going into a plunge here!  Wooo--maybe I had too many of those deep-fried butter balls.  Hey, down there?  Sorry about that.  Good thing you were wearing that big hat, ha ha! This is Bob Slaigh signing--oops!  Really sorry, guys.  Ooops!"

No comments:

Post a Comment