Monday, August 4, 2014

Warm Weather Records

As British Columbia continues its unusual stretch of hot summer weather, many records are being set. Expect to see these in the next Guinness Book of Records:

Fletchley Armbruster, British Properties--record for number of showers in one day: 32. "As soon as I step out of the shower and towel off," says Mr. Armbruster, "I turn on the cold water and hop right back in. I do this continuously from 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m., when I retire to my bed, wrinkled and happy."

Armand Giroux of Maillardville--record for time spent in bathtub filled with ice cubes: 14 hours. "When they start to melt," he says, "I ring a little bell, and ma cherie dumps some more trays in. When I begin to turn blue, she pulls me out."

Vern Delilly, Vancouver--record for number of popsicles consumed in a 12-hour period: 56. "My favorite," said Mr Delilly, speaking with some difficulty over a frozen tongue, "is watermelon. But I am working on a recipe for gin and tonic popsicles. I think they could be a big hit. I have a slogan ready: Keep on Lickin' and Keep on Tickin'."

Finally, Marvin Scranley of Port Moody is trying to beat Howard Hughes's record for number of times watching "Ice Station Zebra"--the elusive industrialist's favorite film while hiding out at the Bayshore Inn. "It's a challenge," admits Mr. Scranley, "but I'm ready for it. Bring on the ice."

No comments:

Post a Comment