Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Steve and Bibi Show

It was reported that following the service for Baroness Thatcher, Israel's Benjamin (Bibi) Netanyahu and Canada's Stephen Harper were to meet for a private lunch. This may have been their conversation:

BY: Wonderful service, eh, Steve? All those great guys there--Cheney, Kissinger.

SH: Yeah. (sigh) I'll never get one like that.

BY: Don't worry, Stevie. Remember what Josh Logan told Eli Wallach.

SH: And that was?

BY: We'll paper the house. Listen, let's order. I think I'll have the PLO.

SH: The what?

BY: The PLO. Parsley Lentil Omelet. And a bottle of California Shiraz. Steve, how about you?

SH: Maybe just a Velveeta sandwich. On white bread. Lite mayo. And a Diet Pepsi.

BY: I see you took a swing at young Trudeau for posing with his shirt off for the Lung Association.

SH: Indeed. I will never be seen with my shirt off.

BY: Wise move. So, it's the end of an era. I'll miss Margaret Thatcher.

SH: Me too.

BY: I used to dream of dating her. Well, on to today. Pity Mitt didn't get elected president.

SH: You're right, Benjamin. Obama comes to Ottawa, he gets more cheers than I do. Is that right?

BY: Romney, I could have done business with. Obama,  he drives me meshugana.

SH: How about this North Korea thing?

BY: I gotta say, that Kim Jong-un needs a new barber. And if he messes with the US, he may get one. They'd turn him into chopped liver. Speaking of which, how about we order some more? I could go a few cheese blintzes, maybe some schmaltz herring, more Shiraz...

Server: Another blini, Bini?

BY: That's Bibi, but sure.

SH: I think--well, what the heck! Let's go for it! I'll have another Diet Pepsi!

BY: You know how to live, Steve. Listen, I thought we might go to a synagogue later. Do you have a yarmulke?

SH: No, but I do have my cub scout beanie.

BY: Mazel tov, Steve.

SH: Have a nice day, Bibi.

No comments:

Post a Comment