Monday, September 23, 2013

Pass me my Mrs. Doubtfire wig

There is a New Yorker cartoon that shows a dog at a computer saying to another dog, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog." No one knows your gender, either, and this is why I believe i can start selling pieces to an on-line magazine that publishes only stories by women over the age of sixty.

How hard can it be to impersonate someone of the opposite sex? Think of Dustin Hoffman in "Tootsie." Robin Williams as "Mrs. Doubtfire." Ray Bolger as "Charlie's Aunt." Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in "Some Like it Hot."

I have my first story ready to go. It's a tell-all about my dangerous attractiveness to young men. Here's how it begins:

"I have always," Justin Bieber told me, "been strangely attracted to mature women."

My pen name: Mama Gaga.

2 comments:

  1. The pen name reminds me of the Gary Moore Show - something not all of us will remember - where Durward Kirby did a sketch as Zsa-Zsa and Eva Gabor's exotic brother, Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama Gaga! I absolutely love it. Good luck on your new career. Gender bending is all the rage, dontcha know.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete