So it's Friday the 13th. So what. Think we're worried? Hah? Let us give you a list of the superstitions we've discarded:
* Avoiding walking under a ladder.
* Throwing spilled salt over the left shoulder.
* Never putting a hat on a bed.
* Not being the third person on a match.
* Staying clear of black cats.
* Never opening an umbrella indoors (unless it's raining indoors, which is another problem).
If one is in the theatre, there are superstitions peculiar to an actor's life, which include:
* Never whistling backstage.
* Always referring to "Macbeth" as "the Scottish play."
* Never wishing a performer good luck. The accepted wish is "Break a leg."
So let's breeze happily and free of superstitions through Friday the 13th. (Although just to be safe, we're staying indoors all day.)