Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Far Right in Far North

A spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper announced today that the Conservative leader, on his trip into Canada's Far North, met with the Abominable Snowman and had a "meaningful exchange."

The legendary Snowman turned up on karaoke night at the Churchill Sip 'n' Strip and joined the Prime Minister in a rendition of "Baby, It's Cold Outside."

"I was delighted to learn," said the Prime Minister, "that the Snowman is a Conservative, and a fierce defender of Canadian sovereignty in the north.  He said, and I quote, 'If any Russians penetrate our territory, I will have them for blubber.'  He'll be the ideal backup for John Baird."

It is expected the Abominable Snowman will be the Conservative nominee for Nunavut in the next federal election.  Pressed for comment, Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff said "Frankly, I'm surprised. I thought the Conservatives were already abominable enough."  

No comments:

Post a Comment