Monday, January 31, 2011

An Outbreak of Civility

Caught up in the new spirit of civility ushered in by President Obama, Canadian political leaders announced today they are pulling their attack ads and replacing them with warm expressions of friendship toward their political rivals. Excerpts from the new commercials follow.

Stephen Harper: "I look at my three opponents in the upcoming election that may be thrust upon us, and I have to say this is probably the best trio since Winkin, Blinkin and Nod. Or Snap, Crackle and Pop. Or Larry, Curly and Moe."

Michael Ignatieff:  "I chuckle when my good friend Stephen joshes me about my years at Harvard. I can well understand the amusement of one who had difficulty with the entrance exams at SAIT."

Jack Layton: "Steve is our kind of guy, never mind he has never learned how to knot a necktie and that he still uses greasy kid stuff. Anytime Steve wants to enter this century, we will warmly welcome him."

Gilles Duceppe: "Stephen Harper, mon ami! What a way avec un chanson! Monsieur Buble, en garde!"

US Vice-President Joe Biden applauded the new trend in Canadian political discourse, saying "Very %@#!+* civil."

No comments:

Post a Comment