Monday, March 14, 2011

Swearing In, Swearing At

"Gord? It's one o'clock. Aren't you going to watch the swearing in?"

"Naw. Who cares? See one swearing in, you've seen 'em all. Gonna call my buddy Kev, see if he wants to go bowling. Hi, is Kevin there? He's where? Oh. I see. Okay, g'bye.

"Not there. I'll try good old George. Maybe we could go see 'Rango.' Hello, could I speak to George, please? Oh, him too, huh. Well, goodbye.

"Well, there's still Mike. We could go shoot some hoops. Hi, is Mike--oh. All right. Tell him I called. No, don't tell him I called, darn it.

"I'll call Colin.  Colin, you're there! Great! What, you've got a new meaning for HST? It's what? 'How Soon Toast.' Hilarious, Col. So long."

"Gord, it's starting. Come see what she's wearing."

"Wait a second, that gives me an idea. Hello, CKNW? Let me speak to the program director. Hello, Tom? Listen, I understand there's an opening for an open line host. An audition? Well, if you think that's really necessary. Tomorrow? Three-thirty. Right after..right after Carole?"

No comments:

Post a Comment