Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Dad and Lad Show

News item: Actor George Clooney and father Nick Clooney, veteran television journalist, were arrested after leading a protest in front of the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, DC. 

We take you now to a cell in the DC precinct house.

George: Well, here we are, Dad--spring break.

Nick: A chance for some quality father and son time.

George: Gotta tell you, Pop, these are not the kind of bars I usually hang around.

Nick: And not the way I planned to spend St. Patrick's Day.

George: Let's call the guard and see if we can get some green beer. Think they have room service here?

Nick: You know, Son, this gives me an idea for a great new realty TV show: "Celebrities in the Jug." Whaddya think?

George: Good idea, Pop.

Nick: I hope we get our belts and shoelaces back.

George: And our ties. That Ermengildo Zegna set me back 225 bucks. 

Later that evening, we see Desk Sergeant Oscar McCloskey and Mildred Hepplewaite at a Washington dine and dance spot.

Mildred: Gee, Oscar, that's a beautiful necktie!

Oscar: Thanks, Mil. I got it from George Clooney.

Mildred: George Clooney! I didn't know you knew him!

Oscar: We've become very close.


No comments:

Post a Comment