Thursday, May 17, 2012

Celebrating Victoria Day

We have with us in our studios the renowned partygoer and international roue Rene Vasconcelos, to talk about the best ways to celebrate Victoria Day.  Rene?

Ah, yes--Victoria Day. Lovely girl. I dated her, you know.

Uh--Rene? Victoria Day is a national holiday, honoring Queen Victoria.

Never dated her. But I do remember Victoria Day. Younger sister of Doris. And Dennis.

I think perhaps we've taken a wrong turn here...

She ran off with Lex Barker. Muscle guy who used to play Tarzan.

Back to the coming holiday, Victoria Day.

Victoria. Charming name. Vicky, in intimate moments. Do you remember a song called "Vikki, Turn Your Back On Me"?

No, no I don't think..

Lou Gottlieb used to sing it with The Limelighters. It was a salute to a young woman named Vikki Dougan who wore a gown with a plunging back. I'll sing it for you now: "Vikki, turn your back on me.."

I think we're just about out of time, Rene. Do you have any further recommendations for Victoria Day?

Yes! Come back to me, baby! We can work it out! (I can sing that, too.)

I mean recommendations for celebrating a holiday that, by some coincidence, has the same name as your old girlfriend.

I think it would be appropriate to enjoy some of Rogers' famous Victoria Creams.

Thank you, Rene Vasconcelos.

And a lot of Victoria Gin.

No comments:

Post a Comment