Sunday, October 18, 2015

Here's to the Losers

Teams of grief counsellors are in place, ready to comfort would-be Members of Parliament who fail to receive enough votes in the 2015 federal election. "I wore out three pairs of sneakers going door-to-door," we can hear knocked-out nominees sob. "My knuckles are calloused from pounding on doors, my lips are swollen from kissing babies."

It is anticipated also that some defeated nominees will demand a recount. "I'm not conceding until the ballots are counted again! I only lost by 6,000 votes!"

Who knows what the result will be? Our advice: Save those lawn signs.

And as consolation for those suffering post-election tristesse: Each losing candidate will be given a DVD of Stephen Harper performing "Let It Be."

1 comment:

  1. Save those lawn signs, indeed! (I hear that S. Harper is feeling Zen. Must be the song.)

    ReplyDelete