Wednesday, November 15, 2017

More than Moore to Alabama

While we may be distressed by the latest news from Alabama and Judge Roy "I was just helping her with her homework" Moore, it's good to remember other aspects of Alabama. In song, for instance.

To begin, there is the lovely ballad "Stars Fell on Alabama"--Jack Teagarden's version is classic.

Then there's "I'm Alabamy Bound." Let's all sing--

"I'm Alabamy bound,
Don't want no heebie-jeebies hanging 'round.
Just gave the meanest ticket-man on earth
All I'm worth
To put my tootsies in an upper berth."

And finally, who can forget Phil Harris's "That's What I Like About the South"?

"I wanta go back to Alabamy,
See again my dear old mammy.
Her cooking's bad, her hands are clammy,
But what the hell, it's home."

No comments:

Post a Comment