Friday, December 18, 2009

Steve Goes Green

Prime Minister Stephen Harper surprised world leaders at Christiansborg Palace, at a dinner given by Queen Margrethe II, by sitting at the piano and delivering a medley of "green songs."

"Hi, your Royal Highness and all you commoners," he began.  "It's great to be here in Copenhagen.  I chew your snuff all the time.  'Snuff said?  Ha ha, only kidding folks.  I don't even chew Juicy Fruit, name makes me uncomfortable.

"But seriously, fellow giants of the global stage, I want to say how thrilled I am on behalf of my fellow Canadians to accept the award of Fossil of the Year.  But you know, we are pretty green in Canada.  Look at me--green tie, green socks, I'm even wearing green boxers.  And to show how green we are, I'm going to warble a medley of green songs, beginning with the Oscar-wining 'Evergreen,' by Barbra Tarsand.  Ha ha, I mean Streisand.

"Then I'll move on to 'Green, Green,' 'Green Eyes,' 'Greensleeves,' and close with one I hope you'll all join me on, because it may be the one thing on which we all agree:  'It's Not Easy Being Green'."

President Barack Obama, speaking for other delegates, looked at his watch and said, "Wow, is it that time already?"

In other news, two candidates for appointment to federal cabinet ministers' posts in Ottawa were rejected for having scored too high on I.Q. tests. 

1 comment:

  1. Very, very funny, Mr. P.D.! In the parlance of internet word usage, it caused me to LOL. (Laugh out loud.)

    Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete