Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dreamsville (Apologies to Mancini)

"Colin?  Colin!  I have to talk to you!"

"Gord?  Gord, what time is it?  Good gosh, it's three a.m.!"

"Colin, something very frightening has happened."

"Not another cabinet crisis?"

"Much scarier.  It...it was a dream.  Colin, do you believe the future is foretold in dreams?"

"Well, Gord, according to Freud--"

"Let me tell you, Colin.  It was awful.  I dreamed I was walking into my office in the Legislature, and when I got there..."

"Yes, Gord?"

"There was this huge sign hanging over my desk."

"What did it say?"

"It said HST."

"But Gord, isn't that what we want?"

"Colin, this HST didn't stand for Harmonized Sales Tax."

"What did it stand for, Gord?"

"I shudder to tell you.  It stood for..."

"Yes, Gord?"

"It stood for (choke) Here Sits Taylor."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment